Yes. you can type through default virtual keyboard in ipad and ipod touch. However, it is true that is not simple and easy to do it for everybody.
I am sure you can buy wireless keyboard from Apple that will cost you easily hundred dollars with nice looking shape of body and good feeling of touch.
I was thinking about many different aspects to buy this iogear wireless bluetooth keyboard as below;
2. easy to connect
3. working as expected.
4. how long it will be stable?
The iogear keyboard is good enough to support above categories and happy to use it now.
The only thing I want it to be is folded in small size so that it can be much porter-able which might be in the short near future soon.
Product Name : IOGEAR Multi-Link Bluetooth Mini Keyboard GKB601 – Black (GKB601B)
Amazon Link : IOGEAR Multi-Link Bluetooth Mini Keyboard
- Pair with 6 Bluetooth Enabled Devices and Swiftly Toggle among Them
- Bluetooth 2.0 Technology Offers Greater Range up to 30 Feet away from Your Bluetooth Enabled Device
- Integrated Hotkeys Empower Users to Quickly Access Their Favorite Content in the Following Categories: My TV/My Videos/My Music
- Integrated Hotkeys Empower Users to Quickly Access Their Favorite ContentMy Pictures/Record TV/DVD Player